In honor of my 34th year on this planet I’d like to make a list of 34 things to accomplish before I’m 35.
So in no particular order:
- Read 10 books
- Publish 12 blog posts (hey, once a month would be huge!) 😉
- Make a photo book of my family
- Keep in touch with my girlfriends and hang out at least 4 times (not counting our kids’ bdays)
- Advertise my portrait business
- Paint a piece of art for our bathroom
- Donate a lot of old clothes & shoes
- Date night with the hubs once a month
- First Fridays in KC + a hotel room that night
- Go to 2 concerts
- Make Halloween costumes by hand
- Make a few homemade gifts instead of buying them (like paint this for my mom)
- Go to 2 new states
- Discover a favorite new band (or 2 or 3) (Rilo Kiley is already starting out strong!)
- Yoga, at least every-other day
- More veggies/ less starch at every meal
- Oil pulling
- Paint my bike
- Bake bread
- Make homemade jam
- Make a water barrel to catch rain & water my garden
- Plant 2 – 3 more apple trees
- Build a big sand castle
- Can salsa — made from veggies in my garden
- Can marinara — also from home grown veggies (or maybe farmers market)
- Taste some new veggies (Mustard greens? Fennel? Beets?)
- Carry my sketch book with me and USE IT
- Visit a vineyard — and taste!
- Orchard — pick apples (that is so fun)
- Family photos
- Dining room — find new (to me) chairs and paint/ stain them
- Do Family Game Night, like once a month
- Go Camping!
- Build a chicken coop (for Spring 2015)
Sounds like a good project to follow up on here. With photos and all! Cheers to birthdays and changes and goals and growing.
Update: Since posting this I’ve thought of a couple more things I want to do over the summer —
- Figure out grilling, so I can get some consistent results! (I think this will help.)
- Experiment with making cocktails. Because those shaky drink maker cups look like fun! And cocktails are yummy.